- List Title:
- Tennessee Indian Affairs email list
- List Owner:
- tom kunesh
- List Origin:
- january 1998, Chattanooga TN
- List Subscribers:
- 124 members total, 24 september 2006 (117 total, 26 may 2005)
- List Description:
- Tennessee Native American/Indian Affairs: activist discussion of issues & dissemination of information relevant to Native Americans in Tennessee, for state-wide posting by Natives & non-Natives (Native blood is not required for list membership). It is not tribe-specific, there's no chatting, no genealogy, and little personal info. Also, given a number of inquiries, be advised that this is not a Cherokee culture or Native genealogy list, nor a place to gather academic research.
TN Native American/Indian Affairs List is open to friends of the Commission of Indian Affairs in Tennessee who have real identities, ie, anonymous subscribers are not accepted. Basically, we want to know who we're talking to and who's reading our stuff, and feel good about it.
Again, this is NOT a list for genealogy or history or research.
- No anonymous subscription.
To subscribe, fill out the online TN Indian Affairs List Subscription Request form.
The form is emailed to the tn-ind list owner for review and processing.
You will also be emailed a copy of the completed subscription request for your records.
The opinions expressed on this list do not necessarily reflect the
views of the Tennessee Native American community or the list provider
or the mailing list manager. Inclusion of meetings and activities'
notices on this list does not imply their endorsement or even their
The opinions expressed here are strictly personal opinions of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the position of the list manager. Content is provided as a public service only. Information in these emails is provided as informal, general data for and regarding the Tennessee Native American community and may contain references to other information resources, but such references should not be considered as an endorsement of or recommendation by any other person or entity identified herein. The list manager makes no warranties or representations as to the accuracy of statements, and assumes no liability or responsibility for any errors or omissions in the content, ie, people don't always tell the truth. Under no circumstances will the list manager be held liable to any third party who may choose to rely on information found on this site, ie, no responsibility is assumed for your feelings getting hurt from what other people may write or for you arriving an hour too late for a meeting based on information posted on this list.
Repeated with variant legalistic wording:
This list is provided as a free and open public service.
The purpose of this list is to facilitate communication regarding Tennessee Indian/Native American affairs among interested people.
The Rule here is pretty simple: Don't tick off the list owner
or you'll just get unsubscribed. (It has happened - once, years ago.)